Thursday, May 27, 2010

Polly

Like most dogs, she has a variety of tennis balls but for Polly, there's really only one of them she wants to fetch. Polly's family tree is mixed but Retriever is her middle name. Once she knows you'll throw the ball, you're pretty much hooked. I was thoroughly impressed with her etiquette. Unlike some dogs (ahem), ninety percent of the time she drops the ball so gently in your hand it's a pleasure to keep the game going. Polly has a pool to relax in next to her motor home (Home Depot, don't ask me what department). Vern, her owner says she has a bigger version of it at home, but this is their travel size. She also goes for a dip on command which is pretty entertaining all in itself.

6 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Polly is living the life!

Pee Wee said...

Polly, my newest girlfriend.

Two Pitties in the City said...

I love that picture of her in the tub. And it is so much more fun to play fetch with dogs who actually drop the ball.

SusanA said...

I agree. I was marveling at my friend's Weimaraner dropping the ball so eloquently one day and she said "Susan, my dog was originally bred to retrieve small animals without harming them. Your dog was originally bred to hang onto the side of a live bull; or die." (Suddenly, Stella's version of the game made perfect sense :)

Love that giantspeckledchihuahua btw. I'm thinkin' he doesn't always let go of the ball either..

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

What a sweetie-heart! She does look like she's livin' the life :-)

Susan Rose said...

Polly has transformed her challenging life on the road into a lengthy vacation, complete with "activities" and a spa. Way to go, Polly!