Thursday, August 8, 2013

Squirrelfest

Just dropping in to say "Hi!". I took this photo last week when Stella and I went over to  play with her friend Chuy. She actually had on her happy face for a change so I couldn't resist.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened recently was that she finally caught that squirrel she's been chasing for the last five years. It was ugly but not as bad as you might expect. It was mortally wounded in the initial blow of course but without any input from me whatsoever,  she appeared to feel sorry. I expected a complete bone-munching feast but studying it, still breathing, she backed off and sat down with this totally guilty look on her face, at which point I calmly said: "I guess you need to go sit up on the deck and think about what you did." And to my great surprise, she did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Stella probably thought the squirrel was a sturdier plaything, didn't expect it to die after a tussle. Maybe next time she be satisfied with the chase and not the capture. Or not.

Kari in Alaska said...

Love that happy smiley face!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Beth said...

Reminds me of a time eons ago when our black lab, Amanda, and her two pups we kept from the litter, came trotting up to the back deck with three pieces of a (formerly beautiful) long black snake dangling from their mouths. No remorse from those guys.

Stella's looking very fine indeed.

Unknown said...

National Dog Week is coming up and I wanted to share something with you. Can you email me when you get a chance?

Jennifer said...

Love that smile

World of Animals, Inc said...

Stella, you are looking so beautiful in the photo. We hope you are having a pawsome time with your squirrel friends. Thanks for the share. Have a great rest of your day.
World of Animals