Sunday, July 27, 2014

Stella, Still Getting Her Puppy On

 
She turned six in June. We still go out on her birthday and buy her a new rope bone and collar. She gets the whole routine too somehow.

Things have been pretty busy lately. We hope you're all doing well. This time last year the two blogs that I maintained for eight years Pitcherlady and Cliffhanger disappeared without warning or explanation, off the face of the internet. A good many highlights, stories and photos of the last twenty years of my life went with them. And yes, I should've saved an edited copy of everything. I told myself none of it mattered but then I come over here occasionally and read those early stories about bringing Stella home from the fair, realize how good some of them are and end up looking for posts that no longer exist. That may be part of what's kept me quiet these last two years. That and a couple of dream jobs I didn't get. And three suicides. Pardon me while leave the dog-blogging for five quick seconds and veer off into the dark on you. Yikes. The good thing is I do still have a sense of humor. It has some chinks in it but it's perfectly normal I suppose.   
Anyway, the girl(s) have gained a few pounds because we haven't been walking like we did back in the old neighborhood. It's unfortunate and I try to fight it but the new neighborhood is a boring walk. I never even considered it would be a factor but it is. For a while we even stopped walking over to Home Depot because after a year of our shopping/visiting they put up a sign that read: Only Service Dogs Allowed (Staples just did this as well tsk, tsk). A couple of months ago the sign was gone and I noticed a dog coming out of the store so I asked a cashier what happened and she said they'd gotten a new manager who actually likes dogs. The manager decided one dog didn't represent all dogs. What a concept right? So. Way to go Home Depot. Any chance you all could stop selling Round Up?
 Some mornings we do make a run downtown to the Bicentennial Mall and ride the B-Cycle bikes. Stella trots alongside the bicycle, occasionally veering off toward a daredevil squirrel or to try to steal a lick off the legs of passing, random joggers . You've got to know that plays well. Anyway, if there is anyone left still reading, check out this beautiful road dog. And let us hear from you.  We're also on Tumblr if you happen to go that way. 


9 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Good to hear from you! Glad you're both well!

Sorry about the loss of pictures and content. Grrrrr!!!

Happy Belated Birthday, Stella! You're looking good!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Look at that beautiful girl!

I'm mortified that you lost all of your blogs; guess I should check into backing mine up. I didn't know that could happen.

Nice to see you back!

Soozi said...

So happy to hear from you and Stella again... we met on twitter several years ago

SusanA said...

Cydi, Stumpy!!! and Soozi! Great to see you are all still around. And Lori, of course I keep up with you daily :-) Not sure your blog could crash and burn but I had a host all those years (a couple who developed their own) and they managed it for a while then decided to "let it go" Originally they said it would stay up another year so I started to copy posts but two weeks later it was gone. I would've paid them to make me a backup but they were on to bigger and better things. I think Blogger has made it easy to make a backup but again - I haven't done it. A lot less likely they'll fold though :) Cheers!

sp said...

always love to see more about my favorite internet corndog! i follow your tumblr, but it doesn't provide nearly enough stella for my needs :)

really sucks you've had so much loss these past years. glad you're all still chugging along, nonetheless, handing out moist surprises along the way...carlos constantly pushes his wet nose on nearby bare legs and i have to hide how much i love the looks on people's faces while i apologize profusely for the intrusions.

Matthew said...

Was wondering the lack of content, until I read that you have lost so much information. Maybe its a good idea for me to backup my data too. Sorry for your lost.

Alex said...

Will check out tumblr for updates!

Ava said...

Updates?

World of Animals, Inc said...

Stella, you are such a sweetheart in the photos. We are so happy that we were able to meet you on here. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post with us. Have a wonderful rest of your week.
World of Animals