Friday, September 17, 2010

Anniversary Party

Wednesday was mine and Stella's 2 year anniversary. I wouldn't change anything really except maybe those two knee surgeries which you'll see in a minute, seem to have worked. We haven't been to the fair this year at all. The rides aren't even on the midway - they're up on the hill which to me, is interesting but sad. After more than a century, there won't be a state fair next year so we made an executive decision to boycott. Almost all of our old time friends are gone anyway. Don't worry, we're still keeping our eyes open for carny dogs, human and canine.

Meanwhile - I made this goofy video of Stella playing fetch; or at least her version of it. You'll have to forgive me as I'm working with a twenty-five dollar camera and my assistants rarely cooperate; not to mention the fact that it's my first ever attempt at video editing. At one point I sped the whole thing up by accident and Stella looked like the Roadrunner. I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to undo it.



P.S. I know some of you out there have been looking for a way to artfully disguise your vicious baby-snatching dogs. Well, thanks to SkateTruck, we've found the solution.

11 comments:

Susan Rose said...

Now I have an urge to go out and roll in the grass. Stella is such a PUPPY! What a silly, goofy girl!

Happy anniversary!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Your video editing skills far exceed mine! I'm convinced I'm going to get it all figured out before I post 40 vidos in one post, again.

Love the disguise kit. Too funny!

Happy anniversary to you and Stella! We wish you many many more happy years together.

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! :D Great job with the video!

Rebecca Hengen said...

As a newcomer to your blog (via Ohmidog) I have to tell you what a beautiful dog Stella is. She seems so very happy. You have truly given her a great life!

Susan said...

Thanks for the visit Rebecca. It's always fun to see a new name in the comments.

Janet, GSC: I wish I'd thought of that disguise myself. I saw the most incredible standard Poodle cut just like that today (a little more intense actually) and it's all I could think of. Looking back on it, maybe I should've had a closer look.

Susan, she makes me want to roll in the grass too. I might as well since I always come home looking like I did anyway.

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

Also!! I think your blog is amazing.. and I wanted to give you the Circle of Friends award:

http://janetdillonrobinson.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-awards.html

Two Pitties in the City said...

Happy anniversary. It is so great to see her in action while we mostly see still shots. And that disguise kit is hilarious!

Pee Wee said...

Hey Lady, that's one goofy dog you got there. I love the figure-eights! I can't wait for her to play with Zip.

Happy Second Anniversary!

Alissa said...

Ha! Mine was exactly the same at 2-ish. I miss having big fields where he can run like an idiot!

Happy anniversary :)

Princess said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Sorry we've been bad about getting around.

It's great to see Stella in action, she's such a happy dog!

Anonymous said...

What fun -- I especially love the last frame where Stella opens her eyes wide and kind of cocks them around as if to say, "I knew this was being filmed. It's my Rin Tin Tin remake tryout reel!"