Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fingers Crossed

Two spays, two neuters, four combo tests,
Seven FVRCP shots, hook worms, eight doses of dewormer,
One dose of antibiotic, three vacuum cleaner bags,
Fifty-four POUNDS of cat litter.
Carried to a trashcan - in one pound bags.

Five trips to the vet.
Eleven pounds of cat food. One very nice cat-sitter.
Fifty-thousand fleas. Sure, I'll repeat it:
Fifty. Thousand. Fleas.
That's an estimate; I stopped counting and started
going off my nut at twenty thousand.
Four doses of flea medication. Five, if you count my own cat;
who by the way, didn't have a flea all summer long.

I officially hate my neighbor now, but I'm trying to work through it.

Praise Jesus and knock on wood, as of tomorrow, Roy, Buck, and Lulu
are about be out of my basement; for a little while anyway.
Mama isn't far behind.
Run, don't walk over to PetSmart at Hundred Oaks and get yourself one.
They couldn't be any healthier than they are right this minute.
They're really sweet too.
And well-behaved.
They haven't turned over or climbed a single thing.


Susan Rose said...

They're so beautiful! You've done well.

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

Thanks for taking such goood care of those kitties!

One of the few blessings of dirtville is the lack of fleas. So far I haven't found a flea on Stumpy. 2 weeks to go! I hope we can make it out of here without pests. I still have nightmares filled with fleas from my life in California!

I maybe driving through nashville, will keep you posted!

susan said...

Definitely do let us know if you make it to N'ville. We'd love to meet you and Stumpy plus we know where all the good dog smells are.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

There is a special place i heaven for people like you! Thanks for caring..and they are aDOrAblE! An I love the photo :-)

Beverly said...

How in the WORLD did you get all those kitties to look right at you and remain still long enough for you to snap the shutter? You are the Cat Whisperer. Well done.

Judy said...

Hi! How did adoption day go? I have rescued a feral litter and a mom-cat before, and I know how much work it is - hats off to you!

susan said...

Hey Judy, thanks for your comment. The kitties are hanging out at the store for a few weeks. Lulu was adopted over the weekend. (woo hoo!) I knew she'd be the first one to go. She was the friendliest of the three. If there are any left in three weeks, then they come home for a cage break and go back to a different store.